LINKS & CONTACTS
local Fairtrade campaign
We are seeking sustain Colchester's commitment to Fairtrade. Our campaign
is maintaining its momentum and we can always use more help.
- We need volunteers to contact local retailers and encourage
them to stock and sell Fairtrade products.
- We need people to ask for Fairtrade products in restaurants
- We need pupils and teachers in schools to promote Fairtrade
- We need people to talk about Fairtrade to their employers
and push for the use of Fairtrade products in canteens.
- We need help in raising public awareness of Fairtrade through
media work and publicity events
- We need people to talk with their friends and help them see
the benefits of Fairtrade products.
- We need more people to come to our campaign meetings and get
involved (see the events diary for dates)
- We need you to buy Fairtrade goods and make the difference.
- We need modest amounts of money to cover the costs of literature
and the direct expenses of running the Colchester Fairtrade campaign.
We are all unpaid volunteers. If you can spare a few grand,
we would be terribly grateful, not to say gob-smacked. Smaller
sums also help.
Send cheques (payable to Colchester Fairtrade Group please) to:-
Traders Fair World Shop
The Cooperative Resource Centre
Ideas for collecting money painlessly:-
- Set aside 10p for each meal that includes Fairtrade ingredients
yourself £1 for each meal that includes no Fairtrade ingredients
- Donate 10p for each cup of excellent Fairtrade tea or coffee
- Keep a collection box alongside your recycled loo-rolls
- Donate the price of one Fairtrade snack bar per packet bought
- Donate 50p each time you see media reports of poverty and
- Have a Fairtrade swearbox (see previous item)